Hello, my name is John Nordberg. I am Dr. Ken Nordberg’s oldest son.
If you are a deer hunter, or a black bear hunter, chances are, you know who my father is.
He is very famous for creating the Modern Era of Whitetail Deer Hunting. He is also very famous for creating a completely new method for hunting black bears. He is the author of approximately 1,000 hunting articles, and many best selling books on hunting.
If you are a young hunter, you may not know who my father is. He is semi-retired and has not done hunting shows for approximately 15 years. (He still writes for Midwest Outdoors.)
At this time, I am helping my father set up some new social media platforms. I created a very popular website for him many years ago.
However, my father has never used blogging, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest or other social media platforms. When I have him setup, he will answer short questions on Twitter and longer questions here. Over the last 30 years, he has published many longer articles (again, about 1,000), and I am republishing them on his website in his Article Archive.
Keep in mind, Dr Ken Nordberg:
- started the practice of using tree stands
- taught hunters how to make tree stands (this was before commercial stands came out)
- taught hunters the tactics of using tree stands
- through his biological studies, defined and taught deer hunters about the Five Stages of the Rut (Five Phases of the Rut)
- through his biological studies, taught hunters how to identify the class of a whitetail via the size of its tracks, droppings, scrapes, antler rubs, beds and other factors
- taught hunters how to hunting using portable backpack stools
- taught hunters about the Gentle Nudge method of drives
- taught hunters how to hunt like a timberwolf
- inventing the method of hunting black bears using tree stands over a bait crib & positioning bait
- and much, much more.
If you want be a successful buck hunter, or a successful black bear hunter, then you will want to learn as much as you can about Dr. Ken Nordberg’s knowledge. If you are already a good hunter, but would like to get more bucks, bigger bucks, more consistently then you will love Dr Ken Nordberg’s hunting knowledge, and hunting logic. If you are a black bear hunter, a black bear hunting guide, you will need to learn about Doc’s technique. Unless you use a trained team of hounds, there is no better technique for hunting black bears. (His latest bear book, Do-It-Yourself Black Bear Baiting and Hunting, Third Edition, is a masterpiece. It is an Apple ebook with integrated video.)
Anyhow, that is enough for this post. As always, my father and I close with,
Good luck hunting,